Room Avocats advises its clients both in counselling and litigation in the following fields:
Acquisitions and property sales – housing or retail buildings
- Acquisitions and housing or retail building sales
Commercial, professional and residential leases
- Negotiation, drafting and review of commercial and professional leases as well as all related acts (renewal amendments, sublease contracts, management lease contracts, leaseback transactions).
- Prevention, audit, monitoring and strategic guidance of pre-litigation situations: invoicing for indexation, charges, taxations and work monitoring.
- Follow-up of all commercial rent disputes concerning the application of the statute possibly through mediation: rents collection and other rental debts, eviction, commercial rents determination, renewal, termination, eviction, expulsion…
- Business, tenancy law and shares sales.
- Drafting and monitoring of litigation applicable to residential leases.
- Management of all issues raised by works in private and common areas or affecting them: work authorization, execution and post-execution of these works.
- Acquisition of common areas.
- Protest against general assembly, charges and terms of co-ownership rules. • Civil liability action against property managers, co-ownership syndicates, co-owners, builders and insurers who took action inside a condominium or in its vicinity.
- Collection of unpaid debts and charges.
Private and public construction markets, Real estate development
- Negotiation, drafting and analyses of all construction and real estate development contracts as well as all resulting bills of sale (VEFA, VEFR…).
- Support during the execution of a contract up to its reception and/or delivery (preventive summary…), handling of all issues related to the execution and conclusion of the contract (claims, site abandonment, cancellation, delays, protest against the final general breakdown).
Construction and urban planning litigations
- Builders and developers’ duties (common law, legal guarantees, abnormal neighbourhood disturbances …) as well as mandatory and optional construction insurances (“Dommage-Ouvrage” policy, all-risk insurance, civil liability …).
- * Appeals against building permits.
Litigation related to property tax optimisation
Neighbourhood relations and disputes
- Easements, shared boundaries, demarcation, planning permission, disturbances.